Using the power Survival Skill: Gather Resources allows you to gather materials from your surrounding area. Use the power by opening the Magic menu, selecting Survival Skill: Gather Resources, and and pressing the Shout key (Z by default).
When the power is used, the following menu will appear:
- Chop Deadwood – Select to gather deadwood logs from surrounding trees. Trees must be nearby for this option to appear; you must also have a woodcutter’s axe or a stone hatchet in your inventory.
- Gather Branches – Select to gather branches from surrounding trees. Trees must be nearby for this option to appear.
Selecting any of these options will cause 1 hour of game time to pass, after which the items will be placed into your inventory.
If you have followers, they will occasionally be able to harvest extra branches and deadwood for you.
- With a Woodcutter’s Axe, you can gather 3 to 6 deadwood logs per hour spent.
- With a Stone Hatchet, you can gather 2 to 4 deadwood logs per hour spent.
- You can gather between 3 and 6 branches per hour.
- Trees must be nearby to chop deadwood or gather branches.
- Your harvest yield can be improved with the Resourceful Camping perk.