- Compatible with all DLC.
- Compatible with any mod that edits or adds items to vendors.
- Compatible with major overhaul mods (SkyRe, Requiem, Ordinator, PerMa, etc)
- Compatible with every custom follower mod.
- Compatible with every multi-follower mod.
- Travel and Paper Lanterns can be crafted by using Survival Skills: Create Item.
- Lantern Oil can be used as a very effective tinder to help start your campfire.
- You can craft Lantern Oil from Animal Fat.
- You can catch fireflies in an empty bug lantern, which creates a Firefly Lantern. It glows a bright red color.
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod: Please see this patch.
- Lantern glass reflection: If you feel that the Travel Lanterns are too shiny, please see this patch.
- Enderal: Please see this patch.
- Stained Glass Lanterns – Your Travel Lantern now has stained glass panels.
- Firefly Torchbug Pet – Your torchbug hovers over your shoulder when using a Torchbug Lantern.
- Incompatible with any mod that adds light sources that can be carried like a torch.
- Wearable Lanterns – Lighting Fix by IcePenguin is now part of Wearable Lanterns and is no longer necessary as of 4.0+.
For Modders – Adding Held Light Source Compatibility
Wearable Lanterns makes a necessary edit to the TorchEvents IdleAnimation record in order to support held lanterns. Only one mod can edit this record at a time.
You can make your mod that introduces held light sources compatible with Wearable Lanterns by doing the following:
- Make a version of your mod that does not edit the TorchEvents IdleAnimation record.
- Add your light source to the _WL_HeldLanterns FormList at runtime using a script. Example code provided below. (This example is for illustration purposes only and is not very robust; for instance, this example checks for Wearable Lanterns once and then never again. You should expand it in order to meet your needs and your individual use case.)